Do you say yes when you want to and should say no? Are you putting yourself last? Are you depleted?
You create your life with every choice that you make. If you don't have boundaries you are only creating an unhappy and depleted life.
Here are 10 ways to implement healthy boundaries that can change your life for the better:
1. The first step is to evaluate your life. Ask yourself these questions: Who am I surrounding myself with that I don't want? Who is only causing me pain and not enriching my life? What am I doing or taking on that I don't want to be?
Really get a clear plan of what you do and don't want in every area of your life. Knowing and getting clear about that ahead of time helps you to be more confident when you say no or implement a boundary. Really take time to dissect this, it is very important.
Know ahead of time exactly what you want and will accept in a relationship, at work, with your family, and in all areas of your life. Be clear with yourself and others about your boundaries up front and don't stray from them.
2. The next step is to ask yourself why am I allowing this? Why am I accepting less than I should? Really look deep. Do you feel like you aren't good enough to live the life you want? Do you think someone else is superior to you? No one is ever superior, we are all important.
Those are the usual reasons people accept less than they deserve but look deep into your reasons.
You are good enough and every single one of us can have that happy life but it's up to each one of us to create it ourselves. Every single thing in your life you created by your choices.
The wonderful news is once you realize that and start making new choices you can create it exactly how you want!
As you accept one thing or one person in your life that you shouldn't, it only causes a domino effect and opens the door to accept more and more.
It also opens the door for illness to be allowed into your life because you are accepting more of what you don't want. The universe thinks that's what want and gives you more and more which becomes a vicious cycle.
3. After looking closely at what and who you are accepting that you shouldn't and why you are, now it's time to fix that going forward.
From now on, be strong in your boundaries and do not accept what you don't want. Don't just give in and settle.
By accepting it you are only saying that you want that. Don't go against your own feelings and gut. Trust yourself and feel secure that you know what is best for you.
Don't settle because you think that's the best you can get. You have unlimited opportunities so don't settle for any less than you want.
4. Don't say yes when you should say no. When you do that you say to yourself that you don't deserve to say no and you aren't good enough. In essence you are telling yourself and the universe that you are less than and you don't deserve what you want.
You are good enough and you never have to say yes when you don't want to. Don't take on more than you should. Always leave time for you to recharge. That way you can actually get much more done in the long run.
5. Be really clear on what you want and what you don't want. Knowing yourself clearly and knowing what you do want can help you to realize what you don't want right away and stop it immediately.
6. Boundaries with your time are important. So many forget about this one but having your own time is an important part of setting boundaries. Always make sure to schedule some time for yourself.
7. Boundaries in relationships. Do you give up your whole self when you are in a relationship? A relationship is much stronger if you know yourself and you have things just for you.
Be sure to not lose sight of the things you want and what you want to do. There should be a balance where you both have your own thing that is just for yourself.
8. Boundaries at work can be tricky but are important. Do you let someone take advantage and take on more work than is right? Doing more than your job description can be a great way to get ahead but just be sure you are doing it because you want to, not because you feel obligated.
Really know your roll and think about what is appropriate and what isn't.
Having a clear understanding ahead of time will help you to implement those boundaries when the time comes. In a calm but confident tone just say "no that won't work for me" or "that will put too much on my schedule."
Don't think you have to have that overwhelming schedule. So many think that is just life but it's not. You create that and can make changes.
Not everything is actually necessary and there are always ways to make changes and do things a little differently. Always remember you are in control and you can create a new job for yourself or a new system or relationship etc.
Don't ever get stuck thinking this is how it has to be you can always make changes to make things how you want. It may take time and work and some uncomfortability along the way, but you can do it. It's your life you have full control.
9. Be okay with people not being happy about a boundary you create at first. As you start implementing these changes at first people in your life are going to push back and not like these boundaries, do them anyway.
They are used to walking over you and that's what they know. Eventually they will end up respecting you more and if not maybe it's time to remove them from your life.
Don't let the fear of losing people or hurting them stop you from creating healthy boundaries for yourself. If they do leave they shouldn't of been in your life in the first place. These healthy boundaries will also help you to attract healthier relationships into your life.
10. Know the incentives to good boundaries. One thing to help incentivize boundaries is if you don't have them difficult lessons around those boundaries will keep showing up in your life over and over until you do it. This will become an annoying vicious cycle that having boundaries upfront can eliminate.
Without boundaries you will only attract more and more people that will take advantage of your lack of boundaries but once you have those boundaries secure and unwavering then you won't attract that sort of thing anymore.
Think about boundaries as a fence around your personal space. When you allow things you don't want that personal space which is your life becomes someone else's space, someone else's life.
This is your life to create and live how you want to. Don't let others invade and take over your life!
Boundaries are the fence to protect the life you want. Don't allow that fence to be broken down and broken into. Protect your life fence with all you have!
A "yes I'll take on too much for me" here and a "sure you can walk over me" there and before you know it your life isn't yours anymore.
There is only a certain amount of time and when you take on more than you can, you inevitably give up part of yourself and neglect you. If you neglect you, you are no good to anyone.
Unfortunately so many have broken down their life fence long ago and can't even see how it can be repaired. Just take it one step at a time and before you know it a beautiful, impenetrable fence will protect the life you want.
It's important to know and acknowledge that you allowed any lack of boundaries that are in your life now. Know you are in control and can now create those boundaries you need to thrive and create what you do want.
If you would like a private email reading to get some answers and guidance moving forward you can get one here:
To be the first to hear when my new articles, sales, and discounts come out sign up for my email list here: